Sonus SBC 1000/2000 Series Session Border Controllers
The Sonus SBC 1000/2000 series Session Border Controllers (SBCs) are extremely flexible fax gateway solutions that many of our enterprise customers use in conjunction with RightFax. They are capable of simultaneously connecting to legacy TDM PBXs and the PSTN through multiple T1/E1 digital ports. As SBCs, they also enable interoperability with existing SIP and Unified Communications infrastructure inside your enterprise or from a telephony service provider. Remote port expansion can be performed without interruption of service, meaning future infrastructure can be accommodated with a simple license. This eliminates the need for hardware replacement and an on-site technician.
The Sonus SBC1000/2000 series provides a consistent management interface on all models, reducing complexity and overhead costs. They can be configured with as many as eight fax enabled PRI ports and more than 300 channels of SIP to SIP communication. In only one unit of rack space, the SBC1000 and SBC2000 can provide interoperability solutions for almost any fax server deployment.
The session border controllers from Sonus allow customers to configure and deploy reliable, secure, and fully virtualized IP-based fax server systems — no expensive fax boards! They are affordable, easy to maintain, reliable, and easy to support. They are also verified and compatible with a variety of popular PBX manufacturers: Cisco, Alcatel, Avaya, Ericsson, Fujitsu, Mitel, NEC, Nortel, and Siemens. Because of the robustness, flexibility, and capability of their products, Sonus has been a key element of the transformation of some of the world’s most mission-critical voice and fax networks, including deployments in Fortune 500 firms.
- PSTN trunking, including T1/E1, FXO and BRI
- Connection to service provider SIP trunks with signal and media conversion for reliable interconnect
- PBX, IP PBX and Cloud Unified Communications network migrations
- PSTN fallback (when WAN is down)
The Sonus Difference:
- Independently tested and verified interoperability with RightFax
- Security from attacks - the SBC 1000 and SBC 2000 have an embedded policy/routing engine that not only determines what connections and applications go to/from your network, but also tracks SIP signaling for the entire call flow. The SBCs also go the extra mile by alerting enterprises of DoS attacks, thereby giving them the necessary time and information to work upward and reverse or stop the damage.
- Better transcoding - the Tolly group confirmed (Tolly Test Report, December 2014) the Sonus SBC 1000 provides higher concurrent SIP sessions in a number of scenarios, along with providing easy setup and key connectivity and security features.
- Unmatched Lync and Skype for Business Capability - Sonus has the broadest portfolio of Skype for Business, Lync 2013 and Lync 2010 qualified SBCs on the market
SBC 1000 (UP TO 160 SIP SESSIONS)
SBC 2000 (UP TO 600 SIP SESSIONS)
|The SBC 1000 Session Border Controller is an advanced SBC built for smaller enterprise networks (from 5 to 500 employees) that delivers robust security, high availability, and interoperability with leading business solutions such as RightFax and Microsoft Skype for Busines and Lync Servers.||The Sonus SBC 2000 Session Border Controller is an advanced SBC designed to help larger enterprise networks (i.e., 50 to 5000 employees) safely and cost-effectively migrate to SIP-based communications: Voice over IP (VoIP) and Fax over IP (FoIP). The SBC 2000 delivers robust security, high availability and interoperability with leading business solutions like RightFax and Microsoft Skype for Business and Lync Servers.|